“E-journal. Public Administration” publishes scholarly articles on theory, methodology and practice of management, results of applied research projects in administration, studies of Russian and foreign administration experience, bibliographical reviews and information on conferences, round tables and workshops.
The journal covers the following topics:
- Economy and management of national economy
- Economic sociology and demography
- Social structure, social institutions and processes
- Management sociology
- Political institutions, processes and technologies
The journal accepts polemic articles. Opinions expressed by the authors do not represent opinions of publishing organization or the Board of Editors.
Board of Editors will only accept original, previously unpublished articles written in Russian, English, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
All articles submitted for publication are first reviewed for compliance with the guidelines for article formatting and content. If an article is formatted according to the journal’s guidelines and its subject falls within the journal’s subject area, the paper undergoes a double blind peer review by recognized experts on the article’s subject matter and in corresponding fields. The Board of Editors makes a final decision about publication based on two reviews by recognized experts in corresponding fields.
Copyright status of articles, published in the journal is determined by the current laws of the Russian Federation. Reproduction of articles online is permitted, but a link to the original source must be provided. Any reproduction in print or on electronic storage devices, of materials published in the journal, without an express permission from the Board of Editors, is forbidden.
The authors are responsible for authenticity of facts, quotes, statistical data, names, geographical denominations and other data provided in the articles, and for using materials not intended for open publication.
“E-journal. Public Administration” does not provide monetary compensation or royalties for publications.
Publication is free for all authors, including graduate students.
Manuscript preparation Guidelines:
- The article must be original, previously unpublished and not submitted for publication in any other printed and/or electronic publications (journals and magazines). The journal does not accept articles containing large parts of the author’s previously published works (self-plagiarizing).
- The editorial staff will contact the author via e-mail submitted in the “information about the authors” section of the manuscript. The editorial staff will maintain correspondence only with the author personally, not with deputies, secretaries, assistants etc.
- If the author refuses to make changes to the manuscript requested by the editor or does not respond to the editor for more than 30 days, the article is rejected despite any previous agreements.
- The journal reserves the right to ignore submissions which do not comply with submission guidelines.
- The article must be at least 0,4 p.s. (16 000 symbols).
- The article must clearly state the goals of the author’s research, and demonstrate the research’s timeliness and significance.
- The article must have a clear and obvious structure, a discernible connection between the initial thesis and the conclusion through a chain of logical of arguments.
- The article must contain a validation of the choice of methodology used by the author.
- The author must show a familiarity with scientific literature on his chosen subject, including most recent publications.
- The article must include references to the original sources of all the data presented; all illustrations and tables must be numbered and titled.
- The article must be written to be comprehensible not only to specialists, but to casual readers as well. Special terms must be clearly explained.
To publish an article, the author must submit the following:
- A manuscript of the article, prepared according to the journal’s Guidelines
- The author’s photo
Please note, that manuscripts not prepared according to the Guidelines cannot be accepted for publication, and will be rejected without a review of the article’s content!
Manuscripts and accompanying documents (scans) are accepted via e-mail. Please include “e-journal” as the letter’s subject.
Article submission deadlines
No 60 (February) – December 1, 2016
No 61 (April) – February 1, 2017
No 62 (June) – April 1, 2017
No 63 (August) – June 1, 2017
No 64 (October) – August 1, 2017
No 65 (December) – October 1, 2017
“E-journal. Public Administration” manuscript review process
- All articles submitted to “E-journal. Public Administration” undergo an obligatory review process.
- After the initial review by the editorial staff (for conformance to the requirements on formatting and thematic specialization of the journal), deputy editor-in-chief submits the article to a specialist (Ph.D.) in the appropriate field of study for a review.
- Reviewer is notified that the article is private property of the author and its content is not to be disclosed in any way. The reviewers are not permitted to copy the article.
- Review process is double blind (the author does not know the reviewer; the reviewer does not know the author).
- Review process usually takes 2 to 6 weeks, though occasionally it may take longer, in case the reviewer is otherwise occupied or unavailable.
- Depending on the results of the review the article may be accepted for publication, rejected, or returned to the author with suggestions for improvement provided by the reviewer.
- The editors send the author a copy of the review or a motivated rejection.
- On request, copies of the review are also submitted to the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation.
- If the review contains suggestions for improvement and reworking the article, the reworked article must undergo the review process again.
- Final decision about the publication is made by a vote of the Board of Editors.
- After the Board of Editors accepts an article for publication, the editorial staff informs the author that the manuscript is accepted for publication specifying the time of publication.
- The Board of Editors stores original review papers for five years.